The Lift Is On!

Tug-n-pull

Ok for a one man show with no experence it took me a bit longer than I wanted it too, but it is so close to being done now I can taste it.. Here is the good part, My 3" lift is a full 3" I think... However the stock springs were so bad that if lifted my YJ up a full 5.5 inches.. Prior to the lift on the road and any bump at all with an adult in the back seat the big ol 27" street tires would rub the fender flares. Now I have to get my big ol fat butt into a dead run and jump hard to get into the seat. I will learn how to get in with grace and poise in time hehehehe. I was able to stand on the front bumper before and pretty much bottom out the supension with a bounce or two. Now it does not even give doing the same. I still need to relocate the drop pitman arm, I managed to snap the rear break line trying to relocate it and have to deal with that, I still have to torque wrenche everything and have it all lined up at the front end place. Then it is time for some tires. I loved my stocker but this is like getting a whole new jeep. It took me a full 14.5 hours to get it up on its tires and standing on its new springs but I loved every min of it and diod all alone with a son handing me a tool once in a while. A special thanks to all who helped me with information and kind words. It made things a bit more plesant to say the least. Pitchers of the project well I had hoped to really document this event but it just did not happen. To involved and to dirty to handle the camera. but pics will be coming a day or two from now. Thanks again for everything Tug[addsig]

Three Cheers for the Tennessee Mountain Man!!

We Luv Tug :-D [addsig]

it wasn't that bad now was it?? ask yourself this... "now that i've been under there pulling things apart, don't i feel a lot more comfortable turning bolts on my own jeep?"... i know that as soon as i started wrenchin on mine, I learned every bar, rod, pipe, tube, sheet, and chunk of metal on there... now when something goes wrong, I have no problem getting under there and ripping it apart... then only factor that stands in my way is time[addsig]

You've motivated me to finally change my sagging suspension out! What I dread is something I don't believe you covered - PRICE! I guess you just gotta bite the bullet sometimes.
Congrats on a job well done!

Scott[addsig]

Hey Tug, did you lower your transfer case yet? When I lifted my Jeep, I had to lower the transfer case to eliminate vibration from the rear driveshaft, cause the angle was too steep.

Anyway, looking forward to a few pics of your lift, and glad to see you got it done. I had to do mine by myself also.[addsig]

Way to go tug! I guess you'll be tugging yourself up in there from now on. Show us some pics when you got em. :lol: [addsig]

Enough talk let's see the pic's "LMAO" .....Just
kidding good luck strive hard......... :-D [addsig]

Tug, for christmas, I am going to get you an oxygen tank cause the air must be pretty thin all the way up there!!hehe

way to go!

Johnny[addsig]

Back