Things done when bored

Way to purdy to put dirty ole gun powder threw it!

Way to purdy to put dirty ole gun powder threw it!

its a tanfoglio frame, Finished machined by Springfield arms (pre-2nd closing) , it shares parts with EAA witness, Springfield XD (3rd opening of company)and CZ 75's.

I am not sure I want to put any powder through it...but for a different reason!

its a tanfoglio frame, Finished machined by Springfield arms (pre-2nd closing) , it shares parts with EAA witness, Springfield XD (3rd opening of company)and CZ 75's.

I am not sure I want to put any powder through it...but for a different reason!

Why?

Great piece!! Most of the o'l names in firearms has risen up in the market with twice the value its had before. If I remember correctly , CZ bought Dan Wesson back in 1995 and produced some good quality pistols. The former owner Bob Serva then opened his new company named Fusion Firearms that's producing one of the finest 1911's out in the market right now.. Sorry, got carried away. This is one of my hobbies :)

Now you guys really got me thinking about trying to get my firearms control permit back . I miss some of the long arms my dad and I were forced to sell .

Firearms control permit? What's that for?.. I've collected firearms long before I owned my jeep. Both of which I will not give up :) .. I build my own custom 1911's in different configurations and options. This is one of my hobbies I enjoy as much as customizing my jeep. Since I shoot more often than I go offroading, I sometimes can get the two done at the same time during hunting season.

An FFL? I used to hold a Federal Firearm License for a long time till the ATF wanted licensed dealers to have a store front or set a bond. Couldnt afford it so I gave it up. Now I just collect for personal use.

In New York City , it is required that in order to legally own firearms , long and short arms , you must possess a firearms control permit , which in effect , is a drivers license to own guns . Of course that also means you will have to register them , that's where the disposition reports come in . That's what lead to the demise of mine and my dad's permits . Long story , but I lost my prize M1 Garand , no. 5 lee-enfield Jungle Carbine , 95% GI M1 carbine , the list goes on. The NRA , attorneys for and local gun clubs could not and are powerless to overturn law. But I won't go off into a rant again in our forum as I once did . Has been several years , maybe the heat is off and proof of disposition of all firearms in our possession will be helpful to reapplication .

More reasons for me NOT to move to New York or California.
I hear ya brother , politicians don't make good neighbors . It's as though the constitution does not exist in this state . Heaven help four wheelers.

Last edited:

Pulled the 10 year old deep cycle batteries out of the motorhome. Fun stuff. 4 -6volt wired in series, so lots of cables. Now have the task of cleaning up the whole battery compartment area and cables. Then doing the re-install of the new batteries.

Picked up new batteries (yikes $$$ pricey) scraped the battery box area and did some wire wheel cleaning.. tomorow more box cleaning and the cables too. Then I need to figure out what kind of paint to use.

Finished cleaning. Used some self etching primer on the worst areas. Then got a 1/4 quart of por-15 kicked my way. Nasty sticky shiz.... Found clean up early with acetone had good results. Stuff that sat aroung longer was brutal. Some didn't quite come off. Near disaster, cat was eye balli'n the compartment so I had to grab em and put him in the house. Cables all cleaned so assembly tomorrow.

All done.. a beautiful sight, very nice if I must say so... And I must say so! (pats self on back)... All works & works well. That por-15 paint is sure something...

Last edited:
Back