Tim, need your help

Jeeper84

Hi, eventually I'll be getting a CJ7 (probly this summer). Chances are I'll need parts of it sandblasted and then I'll need it painted. I live in Schaumburg, IL....near Chicago. Where do you suggest I go to get this stuff done? What's the best price? Could I go to Macco, or is it as crappy as I hear it is? Thanks a lot -Mike
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Mike,

I'm not sure if I'm the "Tim" you mean, but I think I can help you anyway. Being that you're near a major metropolitan city, there should be quite a few listings for sandblasting services in the area.

As far as blasting body parts goes, make sure they understand you want it blasted with PLASTIC blast media. Then again, any pro sandblaster who is experienced with automotive blasting applications will know that already.

I would say that to have your frame, body, and all the little parts blasted is going to cost around $1000 and up.

Each Maaco is different. Some have a good painter and some not so good. A bad paint job will actually devalue your Jeep more than leaving it alone. I would suggest going to a few local body shops with a box of dunkin donuts and coffees in hand. That will get you in the door and make them a lot more willing to explain stuff to you, do estimates and maybe even cut you a break on prices. Some body men will actually teach you stuff if you pay and feed them. I being one of those guys. lol

Hope this helps. Good luck![addsig]

Back