Time for a SYE kit...

Jesse

So now that i have my new axle in, I realize i really need to install a sye kit... Any recommendations on which kit to get, as well as which rear drive shaft? Thank you for your time.

I generally use a SYE from PORC and shorten a stock front driveshaft from a TJ or XJ, works perfect in the rear.

That's the combo that includes the driveshaft. I generally opt to get an OEM front driveshaft shortened and balanced for use in the rear. $65 around here to get one shortened/balanced.

That's the 'super short' type SYE and it's what I run, allows for the longest possible rear driveshaft and minimizes driveline angles. The down-side to the super-short is you can't adjust your speedo with a simple change of the speedo gear, requires an electronic speedo interface like that offered by Dakota Digital ($80).

The standard SYE will generally work with a 4" lift, it's shown on this page along with the super-short SYE: PORC

You only need adjustable upper control arms in the rear to adjust pinion angle up after the SYE install. This is assuming you already have longer than stock lower control arms in the rear. You want longer LCA's after the lift to return wheelbase back to normal.

I guess I'll go with the standard one then. PORC

I did get new LCA's when I did my kit. Any adjustable upper control arms you've used and would recommend? Also where do you get the front driveshaft shortened?

I got the PORC SYE kit based off of Bounty Hunter's recommendation and have had no issues so far. Seems like a pretty solid kit. Got a custom drive shaft though, can't think of the brand name off the top of my head...I'll have to double check and get back to you. Also the X-Flex control arms from Rough Country seem to get good reviews - I have a full set of upper and lowers.

I got the PORC SYE kit based off of Bounty Hunter's recommendation and have had no issues so far. Seems like a pretty solid kit. Got a custom drive shaft though, can't think of the brand name off the top of my head...I'll have to double check and get back to you. Also the X-Flex control arms from Rough Country seem to get good reviews - I have a full set of upper and lowers.

It looks like when the time comes, I'll get the PORC SYE kit. If you could let me know which drive shaft you have, and I'm assuming you're happy with it, I'd appreciate it. & Thank you for the suggestion about the control arms.

I did also, and have had no issues with PORC SYE. I use a Tom Woods DS.

Back