tire size question

Allmightyjosh85

ok theres prolly already a thread for this but im a new to this forum. i just had a quick question. i have stock tires on my 09 jeep wrangler and wanted to go bigger, my current size is 225/75/16. i want to go alittle bigger to fill in the wheel well alittle more to give it a better look. i was thinking 265/70/16. which would take it from 29 inches roughly to 30.6. now will i need spacers or a lift kit or anything like that so it doesnt rub. someone told me as long as i stay under 32 inches i should be fine. just needed an opinion from someone that knows alot about jeeps

I'ld go a cheap lift to bump me up to 285/75 16 and that will be about 32.8" and 11.22" wide. or equiv to 33X11.5 there bouts.

ok theres prolly already a thread for this but im a new to this forum. i just had a quick question. i have stock tires on my 09 jeep wrangler and wanted to go bigger, my current size is 225/75/16. i want to go alittle bigger to fill in the wheel well alittle more to give it a better look. i was thinking 265/70/16. which would take it from 29 inches roughly to 30.6. now will i need spacers or a lift kit or anything like that so it doesnt rub. someone told me as long as i stay under 32 inches i should be fine. just needed an opinion from someone that knows alot about jeeps

I have a 09 Unlimited with 32 inch BF Goodwrench Mud Terrain tires on mine with no lift and there is plenty of clearance. These came on the Jeep stock but the measurement on the tire is 255/75/R17 if that helps. I do believe if I went any larger a lift kit would be necessary though. I have pictures under my profile if you want to see what it looks like.

yeah thanks man. i figured it would be ok. bc i got 29" on them now and going bigger would only take it up about an inch and a half so i figured it would be ok. thanks for the pic :)

Back