Tire Size?

Chamberlin22

I got an 02 Wrangler, as seen in the picture. Everything on it is stock and i am wanting to put bigger tires on it. But i dont know how big i can go without them rubbing or what not......I was thinking 31X12.50 Is that to big without getting a liftkit or anything of that nature??

Attachments

• bored 006.jpg
    bored 006.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 420
  • Jeep Mud 005.jpg
    Jeep Mud 005.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 370
with a 32" tires, i'd recamend some 2" spacers for the coils

i hope that pics isn't current, if so you have better weather then me..:(

31 x 10.5 will fit fine.You can get 32" under the fender as long as you dont flex your suspension too much.If you keep it on the pavement only you may be able to fit 33's under the fender.The only rubbing you may get with any of them is turning.From the look of the pic you have after market rims so depending on the back spacing of the rims would determine if they are going to rub.

I am running 31x10.5 without any rubbing or problems at all, & I have a stock setup other than aftermarket rims. Hope that helps.

31 x 10.5 will fit fine.You can get 32" under the fender as long as you dont flex your suspension too much.If you keep it on the pavement only you may be able to fit 33's under the fender.The only rubbing you may get with any of them is turning.From the look of the pic you have after market rims so depending on the back spacing of the rims would determine if they are going to rub.
100% true, with out mods, you can fit a 33" tire. your contact would be at full lock on the Lower control arm.

You can fit 35's on a stock TJ, but it does require a bit more work other than slapping tires on. you need to stretch the rear axle back 1" and the front axle foward 1" as well as clearencing the body for optimal suspension cycle.

I would plan on 31x12.5-15 on 15x10 rims.... have them mounted and see how they look.

Back