tire stop question

mrutsmac

I can't figure out how to access the backing nuts for the top two bolts that hold the tire stop. The lower two can be reached from the bottom, but the upper two seem to be hidden. Any one else ever had this problem?

I can't figure out which Nuts your trying to reach from the bottom. Is this a Spare tire carrier your talking about? , What Vehicle is it?. we need more info. please.

I can't figure out which Nuts your trying to reach from the bottom. Is this a Spare tire carrier your talking about? , What Vehicle is it?. we need more info. please.

Sorry steelheadz, I am talking about a 1980 CJ 7. On the passenger side rear corner is a tire stop bracket. There is some rust behind it I need to get to so I am trying to remove it. When I tried to lossen the 4 mounting bolts they all spun in place. If you reach up under the fender you can feel the nut on the backside of the lower two mounting bolts. The upper two bolts on the same bracket are the problem. They cannot be reached from the bottom and I couldn't find a way to access them from the top. It seems there is a dead space. I'm sure im not the first to come across this, I'm hoping the backing nuts weren't factory welded and have since broken free. Thanks for any info.

Sorry all. There is no dead space. The upper bolts were under the carpet in the back corner. Quite simple, feel like a dope.

Back