Tire Talk heLp

lethaldose

ok here on my list of things to buy with this pay day that is growing shorter and shorter by the day is a set of tires and rims.... i've had the idea of maxxis buckshot mudders in a 31x10.50 or a 32x11.50 my first question is can i run a 32" tire on stock height ? ... second question is .. anybody else recommend any other good budget friendly tires under the 150 mark ... the local tire guy has recommended Cooper SST which looks like an awesome tire has anybody heard anything about them though that would make them command an extra 40 bucks over a buckshot mudder ??? thanks guys

Buckshots are nice, Go to a local off road shop and see if anyone is selling a package of tires and wheels. I could of gotten a set of 32 Baja Claws and rock crawler black wheels for 600 flat. Buckshots are really good, Co-Op has a set of MT's called Mud Kings, Same thing as bucks but abit cheaper...I think they offered me 118. Bucks were around 130...

Oh yea PS: You can fit 31's possible 32's under your wrangler, I can't do that under my cherokee though. I got a friend with a stock wrangler and hes running BFG AT's 31, and he has enough to possiblly fit 32's...

BB spacers would be perfect for the 32", otherwise I'd stick with the 31". Check out the Kuhmo MT for a good tire on a budget.

bounty man do you have any opinion on the ones i said .. cause i cant find the kumho's on a budget ... buckshot 110 a tire ... coops 159 a tire ... some other maxxis called silvero or summin MT for 99 bucks a tire

Buckshot's are a good choice. You can also occasionally score BFR ATs or MTs in 31 10.50's for less than $125 a tire. The coopers are a good choice but no better than the buckshots. Dunop mudders that size run about $110, I've heard good things, but have never tried them. I've got the Geolander MT plus' on my pickup, they were about $125 ea, they've been awesome so far and a really good choice if your rig sees around 70% on-road time.

Well the kuhmo's are really good tires from what i've read. Alot of people like them better then BFG MT's

BB spacers would be perfect for the 32", otherwise I'd stick with the 31". Check out the Kuhmo MT for a good tire on a budget.

I'll give my vote for the Kumho MT's. Don't remember what I used to pay for them for my Toy 4x4, but they were very easy on the wallet. They rode better than BFG's, and lasted a lot longer, too. As far as wheeling, I couldn't tell any difference between the two brands. I'm running Mud Kings now, and although they are a nice ride, very quiet on the road and great off-road, they have worn a lot faster than I had hoped. I'll be going back to the Kumho's for my next set.

Shop around. Discount Tire gave me the Goodyear MTRs at a great price and threw the black Steelies in for free. At the time, Goodyear had a discount coupon and I left feeling like I almost stole the 5 tires...

well i've added a new brand into my mix ... mastercraft couser MT $115 each for 31's ... i'd love to find a nice package deal that could give me a kill on some rims to go with ... i'm in the market for 3.75" backspace i've seen a TJ stock height clear 32" BFG's no prob i'm extremely interested in fitting the largest size i can so i can benefit the most later with a lift instead of having to get new rubber again

Goodyear MTR's my friend. They are an amazing tire,... and I have found them for the 159-179 range in a 35, so I know you can find 32's for pretty cheap.

fitting 32's at stock is one thing...... not tearing them up during moments of articulation is something completely different....... Goodyear MTR's run large too, so 31's will actually look and be larger than most other 31's, and I wouldn't try to squeeze 32's under it.

I'm going to clear away some of my fender to put on some TJ fender flares, they don't look to bad on a cherokee, and i'll be able to clear 31's on a stock.

well i've ordered a 1" body lift daystar and i'm really thinking of landing a deal on a 1" spacer spring lift.... any ideas if that should help clearing 32"s

Back