tires vs. winch

rdtj

If you had a Stock jeep what would you buy first a lift and tires or a winch and bumper?

The lift and tires will get you further stuck, the winch will get you out. Winch first.

I agree with Bounty Hunter. I've done a lot of wheeling with stock Jeeps. I like to run a Jeep first & then decide which mods are needed. A winch is a handy tool to have regardless of tire size or lift. After wheeling a while it's easier to decide what size & type of tire suits your type of off-roading & how much lift you need.

Everyone over looks the winch .Do it first and then you know you can get your self unstuck and maybe help others on the trail with you.

Those who say they have never gotten stuck have never been off road.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here. Get the lift and tires, as well as, a high-lift jack, a strong shovel, and bring extra water and sleeping bag. Getting stuck is part of the fun. Oh yeah! Always wheel with a friend that has a winch. :D

how often do yo go off road? if its hardly any then get hte wheels first since they are used every time you drive

Those who say they have never gotten stuck have never been off road.

I've never been stuck and I did the Rubicon this summer. :shades: Don't have a winch and I also wheeled for almost 4 years on a stock Jeep before I bought the tires and lift. You just have to learn how to pick a line and what your vehicle is capable of doing.

neither.. rocker guards and engine skid. winch and tire might look great but when your motor is ****ing oil out of the pan, looking great is all they will do

I cant aford winch ! At least thats what my wench says.. LOL.. I do however have me a strong back and a 17 year old garilla boy to help pull on the come-along. But then agian Im just a flatlander beachbum..So if im stuck its becous Im stuck in the sand or I fell in a bog.. Tow trucks can get were I go too. Never been stuck in the snow and have pulled out many f150,s out of the snow banks. Seems Im the only one on the block with a snow blower too.UGG! What ever you get have fun and be safe.

Back