TJ best center console replacement?

collestat

Any opinions on the best brand of center console replacement on a TJ? Has anyone actually used the Tuffy stereo center consoles? Do they work well? I was curious about wiring with regard to mud and water and hosing out the jeep etc....

A guy at work here has a Tuffy console... It looks pretty nicely made. For a secure installation you will want to drill a few extra holes for bolts. I was considering one but opted (so far) to eliminate the console. I like the extra room. I used a Kenworth shifter boot and a piece of 1/8 inch aluminum to make a transmission tunnel cover. It came out OK. I stripped out my entire interior (just have the two front seats left in). I hose out my Jeep all the time - works great, And... gets strange looks from the neighbors!! Best of luck - John

For a TJ there are three options you can go.

1. Take it all out.
2. Buy a tuffy. (solid consoles)
3. Make your own.

I don't know what type of speakers tuffy puts in their consoles but they prolly don't use marine rated speakers. I would look into a marine rated speaker to replace the one in the tuffy. I had never seen a tuffy with a speaker option but that's cool.

Back