TJ owners with spacer lifts

Green97TJ

Do any of you TJ owners run (or have you run) ONLY a 2" spring spacer lift?? Did you get any vibrations? did you have to mess with the steering? How big of tires can i clear with this lift?
Also any comments on performance, handling, ride, etc would be appreciated

TIA

Nathan[addsig]

I run a 1.75 spacer lift with 31-inch tires, I haven’t had a problem with vibrations. I am told you can go up to a 32-inch tire.[addsig]

Hey GreenTJ! Let me know how that works out for you. I have a stock 97 TJ with the puny P215 tires and I would like to put 31's on with a 1.75" spring spacer lift. It's all about $$$ though! Good luck![addsig]

You can easily run 31" and 32" tires with only adding the spring spacers and new shocks. No need to mess with the steering or track bars. Check out the kits from Rusty's Offroad and Rubicon Expressfor the best price and the best riding shocks.

All the spring spacers and stock spring isolators are stackable, so consider adding an extra stock .75" rubber spring isolater to get 2.5" of total lift, or to level the jeep on one end or another to compensate for heavy accessories. These are available cheap from the stealership :-D [addsig]

Let me get this straingt. I only need 2 spacers for a 2" lift? I was thinking I needed 2 Front and 2 Rear for the Lift. Rubicon express, however, sells a kit that has 4 shocks, 2 Spacers and 2 bumpstops. Wouldn't that be like 3/4 or the total lift?

[addsig]

green let me know how it works out too . I assume your looking at the $200 spacer package Rubicon offers. looks pretty simple. How much is a entry level 2" lift run? which works better? Pro and cons of each. :) [addsig]

Id love to tell yall how thats gonna work out, but it may be quite a while before I get to run it :) Mainly cuz the lack of money. :-x But maybe someday. I was just asking to see exactly how much it will cost, ya know, if theres any hidden expenses there. But thanks for the input!

And if you beat me to putting it on, YOU tell ME how it works out :-D

Nathan[addsig]

My 98 tj goes in the shop on wed. to get a 2" spacer lift + a 2 " body lift, I will let you know how it turns out. If i think about it I will post some before and after pics .[addsig]

Back