TJ suspension

tonythetj

Hey guys, im sorta new here but anyways, i am going to buy a lift for my tj really soon and have found 2 kits that i really like. Give me your alls honest opinions here. Its between the Rubicon Express 3.5 superflex or the Full-Traction 4 in system. The full traction is about 80 or so dollars more, but comes with the track bar. Any other pros and cons of these that you all know about would help.

get the 4.5" re lift...comes w/ trac bar and everything...more then enough lift for 33s and just right for 35s...also very easy to install

honestly, i would love to go with the 4.5, but the difference from the 3.5 to the 4.5 is about $500. cuz with the lift, i still gotta buy tires and all. Im on a pretty tight budget :?

go for any of 'em two. If ya go too high you'll need to install a SYE, and if yer on a budget it won't be fun.

I would go with the one that has the new Trac-Bar. Worth it to keep as far away from Death Wobble as possible.

Okay, I'm gonna make some people roll their eyes at this, but on a tight budget.....I wouldn't do either one right now. There are cheaper options to get that small of a lift and it will leave you with more money for better tires and gears, and it's a good idea to go ahead and add any traction adding devices at the time of regearing unless you are doing the diff work yourself.
It wouldn't flex or look as impressive, but a BB and a BL would get you there without so much sticker shock. If that's not an option, ther are plenty of budget spring lifts out there. Those two companies position themselves as "top shelf" and they have top shelf prices. Contrary to popular belief, an extra inch of flex is less important than a good set of tires and a properly geared combo. I would skimp on the lift if I had to choose one thing to go cheap on. Just MY $.02

You could also go with the re 3.5 standard kit to save some dough. That's the route I went and I'm very happy with it.

Yea i totally forgot about the standard kit that they sell. Also RE kits are completely upgradable correct???

Back