TJ won't stop shakin'

look on the inside of the rim take the tires off!!!! if any mud or grase even just alittle will make it shake happen to mine...i though it on the lifttook all tires off spryed purple power on let it sit for a few then scrup.... tires and rims it help me .. hope this helps

:lol:

control arms look fine. i'm getting a track bar from the local junk yard tonight to see if that helps. i'm also ordering new tires tonight since I need them anyway. hopefully I'll have this quashed by the weekend.

put the "new" trackbar on last night. that thing was a pain to put on trying to get the holes to line up. after some creative jacking, finally got it together though. anyway it seems to have improved the problem, i couldn't get it to do the death shimmy last night, but it still wobbles a bit around 55. I'm thinking whatever wobble is left is a result of the tires. hopefully those will be ordered by the end of the day.

whelp, new track bar didn't fix anything. drove 2 hours to pittsburgh this weekend and it was still shaking like crazy. i just got the new kumhos put on this morning, so we'll see what that does. double checked everything yesterday and the front definitely seems tight...in a good way. if tires don't do it, i'm thinking steering stablizer.

I think the tires just might have fixed the problem. I went for a 45 minute drive last night, over the worst roads I could find as well as some highway stretches and didn't get a single shake, shimmy, or wobble! Now if I had only swapped them in the first place and not spent $600 on various other things. Oh well, such is jeep repair. Thanks for all the tips and suggestions throughout this whole process guys, i really appreciate it!

Back