Too much crude

rox-n-mud

2012 3.6, out of an abundance of money and shear laziness I have the stealership change my oil. The level on the dip stick every time seems to be twice as high as the middle of the depression on the pot metal. Maybe another half inch up from normal. The dudes at the shop say they put in the correct amount after a 30min drain. They checked the dip stick and it's the right one. Can I get a witness?

Sent from my eyephone

Keep a little extra oil in it. The v6s use oil. My wife's 07 needs a quart or two between changes

3.6liter takes a total of 6qts. And no more.. If its overfilled, it will smoke out the tail pipe when you rev it up or driving down the road.

I have never seen a dealership do a 30 minute oil drain. You are lucky if they do a 2 minute drain.

My guess is that it is a dip stick issue. Change it yourself on level ground, put in the Spec amount of oil for the engine, and see where the dipstick reads. I'd then assume that that point was the full mark.

I have never seen a dealership do a 30 minute oil drain. You are lucky if they do a 2 minute drain. My guess is that it is a dip stick issue. Change it yourself on level ground, put in the Spec amount of oil for the engine, and see where the dipstick reads. I'd then assume that that point was the full mark.

Your reading my mind. Yulp.

Sent from my eyephone

I have never seen a dealership do a 30 minute oil drain. You are lucky if they do a 2 minute drain.
Lmao. That's what the pay rate gets 'em. The faster they get one done, the faster they get paid for the next.

Back