towing with 6 cylinder?

claw55182

I have a 6 cylinder grand cherokee, i was wondering how well it will pull a jet ski or four wheeler. If anyone has any experiance with towing with a 6 cylinder let me know how it does.[addsig]

I don’t want to sound like a smart @$$ but if you plan to pull a jet ski you had better have a really good snorkel kit installed! :lol:

I have pulled many trailers with the 4.0l 6 and have not had any problems at all. Campers, boats, trailer with motorcycles and have never had a problem. Just keep an eye on your temp gauge and you should be fine. Make sure that your brakes are in good shape too.

edited by: Sound_Man, Jun 23, 2003 - 01:51 PM[addsig]

you'll be fine... i yanked a FULL utility trailer with camping gear (weighed about a ton probably) with a 4.0 TJ... did fine... that little fourwheeler will be nothing for your jeep.[addsig]

My 4.3 pulls a pair of jetskis with no problem at all.
And, I believe, the 4.0 has a similar torque output.
[addsig]

I pull a ATV with mine all the time, I have a ZJ with a 4.0 and I have never had it get hot on me.[addsig]

Ok, I (falsely) assumed that my Grand Cherokee (5.2L V8) would handle about 3,000 lbs towing cross-country. Wrong. Burnt out the transmission and paid nearly 2,000 to get it replaced. But, still love it. Now I own the 1990 Cherokee and am trying to find the towing capacity on it. Don't have the owners manual for it. Any help?

Seth[addsig]

Back