Track bar ajustment?

derrelw

Hey guys,
I noticed the other day that my rear tires aren't centered on the body of my Wrangler. It seems that the axle is about 1" offset to the passenger side. Can I ajust the track bar to re center the axle or should I have it aligned? Any ideas?
Thanks, Derrel

Question about my York compressor

I don't know about the rear trac bar because I've never loosened it before. If it's anything like the front, the hole the bolt goes through isn't round, it's more oval, allowing for the bolt to move if it isn't really tight. You could try loosening off the bolts, jacking the jeep up by the rear bumper so both rear tires are in the air and shifting the rear axle over. This is how I've done the front in the past.

If there's no more adjustment in the slotted mount on one end of the trackbar, try redrilling one of the mounts to move the track bar over an inch. Sometimes it takes a ratchet strap to hold the axle perfectly center.

I loosened both ends on the track bar and there is no way to move it. I'm thinking about ordering an ajustable track bar but really don't want to spend the money right now if I don't have to.

Air Intake

I'm not real familiar with the TJ rear track bar mounts so bear with me. Unhook whichever end of the trackbar has the most material on the mount to redrill the mounting hole. Center the rear axle and line this end of the trackbar up with it's mount and see where you have to drill. Drill a new hole parallel with the stock hole and you'll be in business.

Leave it alone
You added 2" of lift and that will make it seem off. I even showed the Jeep Techs this when I did mine. They said and I quote, "if you go around ANY Jeep with a tape measure, you will drive yourself crazy!"

There are no adjustable Trac bars for a TJ with only 2" of lift either (that I have found) It is really nothing to worry about, as far as I have noticed.

I crawled under a TJ today, looks like it will be real simple to redrill the lower rear track bar mount a little to the passenger side. This will recenter your axle and not affect suspension geometry.

I've got an 88 Wrangler and even before I raised it or did anything, the right tire in the rear stuck out about 1.5 or so inches. Now, the trac bar is off and it still sits in the same position. Bounty's idea sounds like it would definatly work out fine.

take the rear trak bar off all together...then you wont notice it being off centered... and trust me your not going to miss it.

can't take the track-bars off of a TJ. but you CAN remove the Sawybar :-D

yes! you need to keep the rear track-bar...if it doesnt bother you dont mess with it...take it down for a quick 4 wheel alighment check.. if it isnt off dont worry. almost every 4x4 is off a little bitcompression ratio on the coils.. load ect effect where the axles ride 1-2 inched isnt a major problem as long as both axles are tracking straight.

As stated, never run without track bars on a TJ unless you've redone the suspension and triangulated the control arms. The track bars are an important part of the stock 5-link suspension.

Well I guess if I payed more attention I would have seen it was a TJ...Guess I just assumed everyone owned square lights like me and had already chuncked the ole rear track bar.

Back