Transfer Case Linkage ???

lethaldose

well just started install of my body lift today late in the eve .. and while disconnecting the linkage i noticed i was in for a surprise...previous owner left the adapter bracket bolted up which from the way the linkage looked was a miracle i never got stuck on a trail with no 4WD... so i need a new torque bracket atleast and a few other odds and ends i'm sure but i would like to have all the linkage from the cabin shift handle to the T case which looks too be 2 brackets one that mounts on the body torque bracket and one that mounts as a leverage point on the transmission... the linkage "actual rods" look to have been modified with some bolt welded on-top of the main rod from the shift handle "for what purpose other than maybe added strength i havent a clue ... question is what kind of options am i looking at... skyjacker makes a relocation bracket all 70-90 dollars worth, ebay being the latter @ 69.99 but house brand ... this would cure all my ales by using one bracket mounted to the transmission that eliminates the other brackets here are the install destructions in PDF along with a snap of the bracket... hope somebody can shed some light on this one maybe towards another kit like this but a little more MONEY friendly

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/23573.pdf

23573lg-2.jpg

I'd go with the Skyjacker kit, or check with Advance Adapters for a bracket. They've got on listed on their site but I couldn't find a pick, price I saw was $50.

Never could figure out why Jeep changed from the YJ bracket on the TC only, yet another way they screwed up after '95.

i ordered the skyjacker kit from NTW 64.96 shipped not to bad found the advanced adapters kit but it looked different than the SJ kit and couldnt find a decent picture or directions it was 44 shipped so 20 bucks cheaper but i didnt wanna risk it since time is against me... if by mid week i havent got the new bracket then i'll try to fab something up to get me by

Back