transmission drop...

OhioMike

so got got the forward and aft ends lifted...

i have this transmission drop kit and i would love to install it...it looks pretty straight forward so that should not be a problem...except...

instead of bolts i have studs with nuts holding on the crossmember...does anyone know if they are threaded into a nut in the frame...i don;t wanna risk breaking them trying to get them out unless i can replace them with bolts in the kit...

so got got the forward and aft ends lifted...

i have this transmission drop kit and i would love to install it...it looks pretty straight forward so that should not be a problem...except...

instead of bolts i have studs with nuts holding on the crossmember...does anyone know if they are threaded into a nut in the frame...i don;t wanna risk breaking them trying to get them out unless i can replace them with bolts in the kit...

on mine the nuts were threaded on stud but i not saying to take my word as the gospel

im from west alexandria right outside dayton....good to meet you fellow ohioan:mrgreen:

on mine the nuts were threaded on stud but i not saying to take my word as the gospel

im from west alexandria right outside dayton....good to meet you fellow ohioan:mrgreen:

not sure how long i'll be in ohio...i'm one of those all mixed up in the DHL abx thing...not sure how much longer i'll have a job...but it was fun here while it lasted :D

i was gonna put my rear shocks on but they didn;t have rubber inserts...so i did some figuring and since the wife is not gonna be flexing the crap out of it in the next few days i'll call them up monday and ask them what;s goin on with that...and ask about the transmission thing...

Most XJ's are one stud and one bolt on each end of the crossmember.

I just used a pipe wrench to remove the studs, and use the 4 longer bolts included with the TC drop. The studs are threaded into holes similar to the bolt holes.

Most XJ's are one stud and one bolt on each end of the crossmember.

I just used a pipe wrench to remove the studs, and use the 4 longer bolts included with the TC drop. The studs are threaded into holes similar to the bolt holes.

sweet...that answers that question...

thanks man

Back