trouble finding paint

factory47

i have been asking at every paint shop in the area and no one can tell me where i can find the paint for my yj, its a flat green single stage, its a factory color, im looking to repaint the jeep in the spring, any help will be appreciated, thank you!
-tom-

There should be a color code on one of the stickers on the jeep.Should be able to go to any place that sells auto paint.They should even be able to look it up if it is factory color.

The place near me is good at matching it if you can give them a sample.A small chip does not have to be big.

If it is factory paint a jeep dealership should have it on file what the paint code is

Any Chrysler, Jeep, or Dodge dealer can get the paint code by running the last eight digits of the VIN.

I have found the original paint code by googleing the vin. It might take some time but you will come across a web site eventually that does the jeep vins. I cant believe the auto paint store doesnt know it. I have never heard of one that couldnt look up factory paint. By the way if you look up your vin you will find out all kinds of things about your jeep like where and when it was made, all of you specs and many other things.

Back