vacuum system..

donnie850

i just got my jeep.. first one! very excited.. but needs work!!

I want to redo ALL the vac lines with new ones, but i think some of it has been messed with and i dont wana screw it up (its a mess!) lol.

Any ideas on how to redo it all? and can i get rid of the stock intake and bypass some stuff? if so, what and how.

also, my a/c vent control is stuck on defrost. what could that be?

i just got my jeep.. first one! very excited.. but needs work!!

I want to redo ALL the vac lines with new ones, but i think some of it has been messed with and i dont wana screw it up (its a mess!) lol.

Any ideas on how to redo it all? and can i get rid of the stock intake and bypass some stuff? if so, what and how.

also, my a/c vent control is stuck on defrost. what could that be?
Depending on which type heater you have, with or without A/C. Two possible causes, the vent steel cable has fallen of of the vent door for the defrost (passengers side, behind aand under the glove box) or more likely you have a leaky vacuum line to the vacuum canister behind the passengers side front bumper or the vacume canister itself is broken, cracked or the vacuum lines have fallen off. Pretty common for the canister mounting tabs to snap off and for it to bounce around inside the bumper.

pics would be great! i think i know what your talking about though. Maybe i will get some pics of some things that just dont look right to me and post for you guys see. It just seems like the kid i got it from messed around with stuff under the hood and now the whole system is messy and confusing. (will post pics later)

Depending on which type heater you have, with or without A/C. Two possible causes, the vent steel cable has fallen of of the vent door for the defrost (passengers side, behind aand under the glove box) or more likely you have a leaky vacuum line to the vacuum canister behind the passengers side front bumper or the vacume canister itself is broken, cracked or the vacuum lines have fallen off. Pretty common for the canister mounting tabs to snap off and for it to bounce around inside the bumper.

lol.. i just looked. The line going to the canaster is dry rotten and snapped off.. about 3 inches of it broke off when i pulled it.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

so the first pic.. i have no idea where that goes! ... hell, same with the rest! like i said, things just look out of place

update: went to junk yard.. got EVERYTHING! and it works great so far. Fixed the a/c.
Now i just have to figure out where the red vac line in the first pic goes.. and there is a blue one next to it just hanging there with a screw in it... no idea where either one goes.

Back