Various YJ Packages

thehemi

Islander, Laredo, Renegade, Rio Grande and Sahara.

Is there some description of what comes in some of
these packages? Do they define certain option sets?

I have seen them from time to time and am curious.

Thanks!
[addsig]

the islander came with the 22 gallon gas tank, rear limited slip diff, biggest tires that fit, 6 cylinder, etc...[addsig]

The islander sounds cool! which years did they make that? How big were the tires?
[addsig]

I have a white 1989 Islander. It has the 4.2L engine. I bought mine with 33"s. Not sure about the 22 gallon gas tank, mine only has a 12. I picked this model because the blue lines on it are really sharp. The guy who had mine before i bought it took the red suns off of the door and the hood which made it kind of unique compared the the other islanders running around my town. I am going to try and put some pictures of it online soon.

[addsig]

Don't forget the sport SE 92-95.
Had the splash stickers, 6 cyl, ax 15, and a bunch of goodies. not sure what I am talking about, check mine out on my web site www.saybye.jeepz.com

Johnny

P.S. I need to badly update my sight, the newest pic is a year old![addsig]

YJ's only had the 15 or 20gal tanks available, and from '91 to '95 the 15gal plastic tank could be easily converted to hold 20 gal.

Rio Grande, Renegade, Islander, Laredo, SE, S, Sahara. What am I missing?

I had an '88 Laredo, 4.2L, 15gal. tank. Sweet dark red Jeep :cool: Now it's the '95 2.5L, wouldn't trade it for a 4.0L or carJeep TJ :lol: [addsig]

What comes in a Sahara package on YJs?
As far as I am aware, just a decal special.
Maybe seats with map pockets and carpet.

Specially, I am talking about 1988. :)
[addsig]

Was the Sahara offered in '88? We had an '88 Laredo, and I thought it was the top-o-da-line package for that year. Could be wrong. Sahara usually made things like the soundbar standard instead of optional. Also AC and hardtop w/wiper.[addsig]

I think the only difference between the sahara and loredo were the paint color and decal design.

The other upgrade that these sahara's and loredo's had were (upgraded) interior pannels on the doors, and interior pannels that went from the kick pannels all the way back. and upgraded roll bar padding on the post 92 models.

Renegade's had some pretty funky interior packages as well, bright red interior (looks like it belongs in a 69 caddy convertable!)

Johnny[addsig]

Back