vibration from lift

dodgetk81

Hi,
I put a 3" rough country lift on my 89 xj. It had new coils, shocks, and rear add a leaf. I replaced the control arm bushings (lower). Lowered the xfer case 2". At between 40-45 mph the front end
feels like its coming out. I had it aligned and I have the same result. I took out the front shaft and it still vibrates. It is definately the front end. A bump in the road seems to set it off. Any ideas out there?
image-missing.png
Thanks
[addsig]

that speed range sounds more like a tire. Have the tires balanced and rotated. totally swap the tires from front to back. I assume that if you put in a new lift you got tires. Don't take it to the same place that originally balanced the new tires for you either. let a different machine and different person do it. Does the vibration go away at 55-60??
[addsig]

you mention new lower control arm bushings... if the balancing doesnt help you may have changed your castor setting by replacing the lower bushing with new ones. are the uppers in bad shape???

greep[addsig]

Thanks for the replies. It turned out i needed a drop track bar bracket. I put it on and my troubles wewe gone
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back