Vibration??

CrashNBurn

Hey everyone I have a driveline vibration in my 88 Jeep YJ. I broke the U-Joint in the rear shaft not to long ago and I replaced the U-Joint and I had the pinion yoke off it and I was wondering if the problem could be that from the force of the U-Joint breaking may have caused damage to the pinion? Not much play in the pinion though, maybe not torqued down enough??? I would appreciate any advice on what it could be

You mean the end yoke? If you tighten the end yoke down too much it can give you strange vibes, I've done it before. Just a thought.

Possibly bent driveshaft?

Why did you have the pinion yoke off? There is a precise procedure for removing and reinstalling the yoke due to the sensitive crush sleeve used to set pinion preload.

I removed the pinion yoke because one of the ears that prevent the U-joint from sliding side to side inside the yoke was damaged.

Pinion Nut isn't tightened enough, U joint isn't seated in pinion yoke properly, or misaligned shaft.
Did you take the driveshaft apart at the slip? If it is not aligned with the yoke on the other end, it will not be balanced properly.

Back