warn hub conversion

jackd0503

Anybody have any experience with the 5x5.5 hub conversion kit for YJ's and TJ's. What brake parts would I need to get to convert the bolt pattern on both ends.

Why do you want the hub conversion?

Why the 5x5.5"? Don't they make a 5x4.5" kit?

You can have the rear axles machined to a 5x5.5" lug pattern, wouldn't take much.

I run a front locker and the ability to unlock the front hubs would be helpful. I'm looking at the 5x5.5in setup since i've heard the 5x4.5in isn't recommended for over 32in tires and I'm swapping up to 35's. If anybody's running the 5x4.5in hubs let me know how well it works.

stock tj parts

I run the 5x4.5" conversion on the front - increased my milage slightly and seems to smooth out my on-road ride. I used the Brembo slotted rotors in the front with Hawk HP Superduty pads. Increased braking slightly. I used a local machine shop to bore out the centers to WARN specs. A recommended upgrade. I have ARB air lockers so I wasn't concerned with engagement problems, just wanted to have a free-rolling front end.

Although WARN recommends 5x5.5" for tires over 33", I am running 35s with not a problem on or off road to date.

Back