Water in Back Floorboard

sudsmaster

Well got another question (you guys are awesome!) in the back of my jeep 1995 ZJ 4.0 I noticed were your jack ect. is there was water we own several car washes so I vacummed it up and let it dry and the other day when I opened it there was water there again??? I dont know why it is there I cannnot see any holes and under my jeep there is a screw (above the muffler) that is dripping water I think from the water under my seat, I just cannot figure out were it is comming from. I even tried to silicone around some spots but I have had not luck, has anyone had this problem before? Thanks for your help.[addsig]

unless you've been doing creek crossings or something, my best guess is that your door gasket isn't sealing properly... and the water is coming from above...[addsig]

I never thought about that, thanks a bunch I will check it and see / so you know if the air conditioner has any lines ect. running back there? Thanks![addsig]

My 88 was doing that too. It was the molding on the drivers door not making a good seal. Do you hear a lot of road noise near the door? You can take a garden hose and put it on the roof and watch and see if that is the cause. Just be sure to have a wet dry vac to clean it up after you fill it with water. [addsig]

I had this exact problem.....one day I sat something in my floorboard behind the passenger seat and noticed the next day....it was wet...I couldn't figure out where the water was coming from until I realized when I pulled back the carpeting in the floorboard in the front passenger seat was wet too....... turned out....it was the condensation from the a/c......it was very hot and I was running my a/c for a good prolonged time and sometimes while it was just sitting and running. Anyhow....don't know if that is what it could be but youmay check it out. I know the route to drain water from the condensation in my 95 jeep grand cherokee was clogged and I had to get it unclogged by unusual matters. The drain route actually goes through the frame in my jeep so I had to go in other ways.....eventually I was able to tap into the drain line and run something up there to unclog it. There were leaves and sticks and gravel blocking where the water should of been draining out....it was really clogged..... well I don't have much to offer but you never know, it may help to check it out. Best of luck! :)
sudsmaster,

Well I got my Jeep back from our local "friendly" Jeep dealer and he told me what the problem was. Evedently I have hit one to many mud holes and my drain on my a/c was clogged up. Now one bottle of air freshener later it is as good as new. My jeep was also vandlized about 3 1/2 weeks ago I forgot to mention in the above posts and They to played a roll in this / there was also epoxy on part of my drain! They also drilled small holes under my car, deflated both of my left tires, pulled my differential plug, and unhooked my speedometer cable. I could not get the people that did it on camera I wish i did, oh well whats done is done. Thanks to all for there help!!

Sorry to hear your Jeep got vandalized.

sounds like it was abunch of disgruntled ricers :shock:

-Nick :!:

I would have been really pissed if that happened to my rig! Sorry to hear about that happening. I have a sticker that is very true on my XJ. "Protected by Smith & Wesson" Messing with someones rig makes no sense to me.

Suds!
they vandalized your jeep.....what is the world coming too....must not of been any chevrolets close by! :)

sorry to hear it....

by the way .....how bad did the dealer rape ya on fixing your clogged drain?? or did they?

Jeepers :D

transmission whining in 2nd and 3rd

I know made me mad, well as far as the dealer goes for the drain he charged me one hour labor which was $ 65. I have went though 2 bottles of air freshener to get rid of the water smell. The person that did this must of had a jeep manual to know where some of the stuff was on my Jeep. Oh well im glad it is fixed. Thanks to all for there help!

Back