weber carb replacement

no problem man. i had a link to the redline weber instructions for you but i couldn't paste it because of the IT security here at work

i just took my carb off and found some messed up adapter plate gaskets that were causing major vaccum leaks. does anybody know a good site to order replacement gaskets? the carb place in town is closed.

redlineweber.com, is the site, i think. if not, then 4wdparts or quadratech or someone should have them. also, there are a few very good weber dealers on ebay

Gaskets Weber by Number | Carbs Unlimited

Noticing you had mentioned using RTV as a sealer, it is suggested that you don't.

I use motor oil...simply toss them into a pan of oil and allow them to absorb all they can while you are preparing for the install.

Here is an reinstall guide that should prove useful.

You will most likely find that the castings are of very poor quality. I recommend you place a course grade of sandpaper on a flat surface and give them a good working over.

I use blue thread lock on the bolts entering the manifold and then RED
thread lock on the studs into the upper plate. Allow the red to fully seize prior to the attempt to tighten the nuts...otherwise as you tighten them there is a tendency for them to cause the studs to separate the adapter plates.

Attachments

• Reassembly.JPG
    Reassembly.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 179

thats true, if you have a spainish made weber, (or is it brazilian made) they are not as smooth as the german and italian made badies

dang those adapter plates took a whole lot of sanding to get flat. they were brand new from redline too. i couldnt believe it. no wonder i was having air leak problems. i took a piece of glass and put a piece of 100 grit on there and went to sanding.45 min later i was done. had to do both sides of each plate. thanks for the tip it worked great.

Back