Weird zzzzzz zzzzzz noise

rterese12

So a couple of days ago I was driving home from work an I could hear a faint noise coming from my passenger side but thought maybe it was someone elses car well I heard it again today but louder I can't tell if it's the front end or rear but it sounds like a zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz noise and it must have something to do with a tire cause the faster I went the faster the noise Zzzzed any Ideas of what it could be or where to look to find it..... I have an 07 jk thanks in advance of the help guys

Sounds like it's snoring lol jk. Does it change when you corner slightly.

Well it's hard to spell noises lol it's kind of like a tic like when kids put cards in there bike spokes but not nearly as dramatic as far as changing when I turn I didn't notice but I will now listen for that

Ok. It kinda sounds like a wheel bearing in front. If your driving and you slightly move the wheel when safe to do so. Such as a lane change it may change.

Well I was thinking bearing but wasn't sure is there a way to check it without changing it

Run it up on a hoist and listen with a stethoscope or chassis ears. That's what I do. If it changes when you turn right it's usually the left one as you are transferring wieght to that wheel and vice versa.

rterese12 said:
Cool I'll do that this weekend

What did you do about your 4.0 I got a used one out of a wreck. Transmission tran case. Both axels. Wirein harness. Auto 4 sp.

Ok so the way to work this morning it sounds more like something may be rubbing but can't see anything... The noise doesn't change when I turn the wheel or anything and there's no play in the tire if it were te bearing wouldn't there be play

Jack up the front remove tire put in neutral spin the hub then listen. If there is a noise you will know. But Bering's don't usually tic they grind. A tic could be a u joint.

I've had a zzzzzz noise, the squirrel died in my heater box.

That's what I was thinking and there isn't a grind I may jaw found it there are ridges in the tire on the back side and if you glide your fingernail along them I made the same noise I heard and it looks like something was rubbing it but there is nothing there to touch it but yet it's discolored like it's been rubbing on something

It could be that with you in the jeep is just enough wieght to be rubbing something. My xj was making a loud grinding noise every time i had a passenger in the thing. I would get out and look and could not find a thing. I got my son and his Friend to sit in the jeep and walked beside it, I noticed that the tire was just bairly rubbing the wheel well liner because the clip that holds it to the body had become loose it was only sticking out 1/8 of an inch just enough to rub the tire. The sound from outside was not as load as when in the jeep. I put the clip back on and no more sound.

Back