wenches

Just installed mine today. The mounting plate was sold seperately, but if you can fab it is pretty easy to mount. Ups so far it worked well enough to pull my rear tires up, and the line speed is pretty quick. Downs having to fab the mount plates, and the plug style is not what i expected. Will be able to tell you more in two weeks first real trip of the year.

I finally broke down and bought a high dollar hood ornament...I have had my XR-8 on the front of my jeep for about 5 months and used it once to pull a deep snow bound jeep that got off the trail and buried itself to the bottom of the doors. On a single line pull I wasn't able to move it much but with a single pulley I was able to pull it back onto the road while tail hooked to several jeeps behind me. I also had to buy a winch plate to mount it. Line speed is good and so far no complaints.
It has held up great over a Utah winter with ice and snow, no rust.

Attachments

• feb3 003.jpg
    feb3 003.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
I finally broke down and bought a high dollar hood ornament...I have had my XR-8 on the front of my jeep for about 5 months and used it once to pull a deep snow bound jeep that got off the trail and buried itself to the bottom of the doors. On a single line pull I wasn't able to move it much but with a single pulley I was able to pull it back onto the road while tail hooked to several jeeps behind me. I also had to buy a winch plate to mount it. Line speed is good and so far no complaints.
It has held up great over a Utah winter with ice and snow, no rust.

Man, you disappointed me. I was expecting a really witty "wench" comment!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was going to make one when I first read the post, but I figured it wasn't very productive (as your answer is) and not a good time to be a smart arse. Hell, we're all spelling challenged at one point or another. BTW........to the OP..............the word is "winch"...........a wench is a derogatory term for a female............or a wrench without an "r".

Yeah, I was going to say, "Who on earth would post their gripes about their mother-in-law on a Jeep tech forum?"

:funny:... :-|

Man, you disappointed me. I was expecting a really witty "wench" comment!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am going to throw myself on the mercy of the court (Terry the hanging judge) pleading that "first" it was after mid-night and my brain was in coast mode. "second" I was being real nice Demondwolf because he was new.
Gotta give them a break and get use to us before pick on them... personaly I am surprised you even recognized the mis-spelling :lol:, now Collin on the other hand I expected it, hes obvious smarter than your average chicken.

great guys let me have it trying to do too many things at one time lol

The winch made by smittybilt was a great value. I used it four times in succession last night and it never got hot and was very quick. The line speed on this thing is amazing, and the xrc8 is plenty of pulling power. winchdepot.com 269.00+10 shipping

As far as "wenches" as mother-in-laws goes, I can't think of a better place for mine then on the front bumper of my Jeep, especially if she was installed there at about 65 mph.

Back