Wet floor in TJ

UrbanJeep

When it rains the passenger door is all wet, but i can't find a firewall gromit anywhere near the passenger side. The driver side one is on tight... does anyone have this problem???
image-missing.png
[addsig]

wet floors are common in TJs... what exactly do you mean by the door is wet?

common sources are throug the HVAC ducts, door surround, door seal, and the upper soft door if you have them.[addsig]

yeah you mentioned a floor in your subject, and a door in your message... did you mean both?[addsig]

Are you running the A/C by chance when it rains? My brother had a wet floor problem due to the A/C draining onto the floor. Just a suggestion...[addsig]

It's coming from the cowl vent (I'll bet ya money
image-missing.png
). There's a TSB on it that says you have to pull the cowl vent off and reseal it.[addsig]

sorry guys i meant just the passenger side floor is wet.... Like if we have some steady rain the passenger side floor is soaked but no standing water so i have no clue.. I felt around by the duct and couldn't feel any moisture.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Is the floor wet after a run, or is it wet standing still ? I had a problem with wet floors, and found that my used Sahara was lacking in the floor pan plug department lol 6 bucks and a week to dry the carpets later, and always dry floors now !!!!!!! Rob
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I have the same problem in my 89 YJ.if i have steady rain for a day or more my passenger side floor is soaked.if i have rain for a long time i get standing water.i beleve mine was comming in from the windsheld gasket so i silliconed the thing up and have yet to have more rain to see if that worked.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I am going to recheck my drain plugs because back in july I got caught in the rain and had like 3" of standing water in my Jeep... but I think it might be a gromit from the firewall but since snow has came its been dry in my Jeep[addsig]

My wife has a 98 TJ and it began to leak probably in '00. The best I can determine is that it is leaking around the door weather stripping and/or from the windshield and snaking around to get the door panel and the floor wet. I have no solutions for you other than a lot of ugly silicone which will stink up your jeep. My 93 YJ has leaked on my pants leg for 6 yrs now.

Pull your drain plug and carry a towel it will fog your windows.

Sorry I could not be more of a help - your not alone[addsig]

Back