what do u think?

snowdog

RE: Re: RE: stupid cars with stupid doors

heres some pix of a jeep i wanna buy. has a inline 6 cyl 258 everything is stock except that it has an add a leaf and 33 in tires, quadratrac awd. please tell me if you think its worth $3900. Pix are at http://webpages.charter.net/jgarr1

older jeep air conditioning

how much lift could i get by putting longer shackles on it?

Re: RE: All Time Favorite Movie

Well, you can make alot of room for important stuff by getting rid of the speakers. Plus, you could sell that junk to finance the longer shackles. PLus, in the pictures of the rust it looks like that's the only rust that's actually made it through the paint on that side. Look carefully at the whole area under the passenger door up to the fender and it all looks like it's either really rusted or been bondo'd alot. Of course for a trail rig That really isn't goin to make much difference. Friends of mine just sold a real nice CJ-7 for $5000 and it had a heck of alot more work done to it (lockers, SOA, 35", winch, freshened 6cyl)

RE: Re: RE: All Time Favorite Movie

well even if it is bondo'd i will be putting diamond plate rocker covers on it

ive been looking for weeks i cant afford to buy the nice rig and have it shipped and am limited to how far i can drive to pick it up

I'd wait a while if you can. I bought the first Jeep I ever looked at (brand new off the lot) and I'm totally happy with it, but sometimes I wish I'd spent what I used as a down payment and bough an older one outright and then just spent my monthly car payment amount fixing it up the way I want. Since I've had my jeep for 4 years I'd have one hell of a CJ or Willys by now!

Yeah they came with auto's. There are a few more Q-trac owners on here, maybe they can chime in on the pros and cons of the Q-trac. I think overall if they had a choice, most would not get a Q-trac again.
I personally would pass on that one. The fact that they painted the heater ducts, brake pedal and all makes me think they did not take any time with the body work. Who knows what it looks like under the carpet.
Tack another $10K on with the $3900 and I'll sell you mine. Can't build one for that. Of course you wouldn't want mine for a DD either.

Back