What else for 1in BL?

WickedYJ

On a 87 YJ. What else would one need for a 1in body lift? besides the actual lift? I have been reading ALOT about the hockey puck lift and NOBODY seems to have info on one failing. Alot of "it COULD do this.... ect..." but nothing that it HAS done. Therefore im going to try it. How many mounts are there? I thought 11 but wasnt sure. Anybody know the size of bolt that is needed?

Out of curisouty.... what would happen if you put 2 pucks in each for a 2in lift?

just pull out one of the bolts on the body on the frame side under your door, and one from the rear corner near the gas tank, get 6 of the one from under your door and 5 of the one from the rear that are an inch longer than stock.

Last edited:
NHL lifts are fine, I've installed and used about half a dozen with no problems. I wouldn't recommend stacking them, go with a 1piece puck if you want 2" of BL. There's a lot more leverage on a 2" BL and risk of the pucks shifting.

For the 1", you need 11 pucks and 11 grade 8 bolts 1" longer than stock. Get 6 bolts the same length for under the cab, and 5 the same length for the radiator support and 4 rearmost body mounts.

That's it. Check fan shroud clearance at the bottom.

Thanks guys. Ill stick with just one of them. Save the rest for a suspension lift. Now if i could figure out how to lift high enough for 33s on the cheap. LOL

Consider installing TJ fender flares, they usually go for around $50 used and $120 new. The TJ flares will allow you to trim the fenders and go up a size or two in tires. Then there's the full-length add-a-leaf (AAL) made from a pair of stock front YJ springs. It will net about 1.5" of lift without making the ride more harsh. Cut the eyes from each spring pack and use the top two leaves of each pack as your 4 AAL's. You should be able to fit 33" with this setup.

one other question.... i use i leaf per spring right? for the front and back? or do i add 2 leafs per spring? i swapped springs for a whole nother set cuz mine were sagged a bit. Therefore i have the set that i took off both front and back in the corner of the garage.

The fronts you took off may be okay, if they're not sagged to bad. You only add one long leaf per pack, directly beneath the main leaf. You don't have to remove the spring pack from the vehicle to do this, but you have to somehow open up or remove the spring clips. I just used a cutoff wheel and cut the tops off my spring clamps, leaving the sides to help keep the leaves from fanning out.

If your on Budget and want the 33's before the suspension lift. You can do a shackle lift for cheap. Just switch em back when you get the suspension lift. Don't know how long you would need with the 1" body....I would guess 2" ....anyone know for sure?

I got the shackel lift and the 2 in bl and just got 33.12.50 on untill i get my sup lift . They don"t rub unless i turn sharp .

Back