What is this nudge?

Jeep Me

I have a 2001 Cherokee 4WD Sport. If I come to a stop quickly, I feel this nudge. It's almost like I've been tapped in the rear bumper (no jokes, please.) I feel the same nudge when I start suddenly. I feels like it's either in the center or towards the rear of the Jeep. Is this axle wrap. The Jeep is stone stock, except for some AT tires.

Welcome to the Z.

Sounds like the transmission, not sure what it can be as it's all controlled by the transmission computer except the TV cable adjustment.

ive never delt with that problem before so i cant help with that some solid advise but sounds like something in the drivetrain
i would advise you to have it scanned and or take it to a transmission shop and have em check it out

Thanks for the replies. I had a repair shop run a diagnostics check for about $100 b/c the check engine light came on for the scheduled maintenance around 67,000 miles. He claimed that test would check the transmission, but he didn't suggest anything was wrong.

those scans dont always pick up what is wrong

what kind of scan did they do cause i have seen shops charge out butt for the same scan you can get for free at autozone or autoadvance

i would take it to a reputable transmission shop to get it checked out
check out the bbb this is useually the first place i check for reputation

this is the web site Start With Trust -- Start With BBB

Back