what is this???

NNoooooooo!! don't use an external coil. THe HEI already has its own coil and ignition module inside the distributor. That 3 wire connector plugs into the 3 way on the distributor cap. The only wires you need to install are the 2 wire connector next to the 3 way on the distributor cap. I took a picture of the top of my distributor. The 2 on the outside section is the only 2 wires you need to hook up.

That thing in the middle your reffering to is the ignition module that's inside the HEI distributor. Just use that illustration for refference when you plug in the connector to the distributor cap.

oh ok got it! can you check that harness that plugs in there for a part number? I cant seem to find the right one.

I got that connector from a junkyard. You can find it on the older Chevrolet pickup trucks with the 305 or 350 V8's.

I got that connector from a junkyard. You can find it on the older Chevrolet pickup trucks with the 305 or 350 V8's.

I think I found one on jegs. I hope it works lol. once I get this in ill let you know if it fires up well :pray:

Back