What kind of Jeep do I have?

Bucks Friend

I have a '96 Jeep Cherokee, Country Edition. I am thinking about possibly selling and getting something new or newer. There is nothing wrong with it, but it has 104K miles. I have been told that they are good for twice that figure...? I would just like to know what kind I have to be a little more knowledgable about it.

Thanks for your help!!
Texarkana, AR

Either the I6 or the I4 are good for at least 200K miles if taken care of (many get even more out of them). My I4 has 136K and still going strong (mine's a 94).

i got the i6 in a 95... 186000 miles. runs like a tank lol. in my opinion, they dont make vehicles like they used to... more sensors and what not means more can go wrong blah blah blah... stay with your current jeep.

thats low mileage for a cherokee. it will definitely run for double that and probably more like 3 or 4 times that. our 93 wrangler has 175kish on it and we have sold many cherokees with over 200k on them and htey ran great

How much you gonna ask for your XJ?
I was thinking about $4K for my jeep. It does not have any modifications. It has been driven as a car, not a 4-wheeler. The only mod. was done last year.....I took the 1 1/4" receiver off and put on a 2" receiver hitch. I wanted to use the jeep to pull my 4-wheeler to the deer woods.
Sorry, no lift kits, oversized tires, no winch, etc. I did have new tires put on and changed the size of them. I believe they are now 235's instead of what they come with. Interior is in extremely good shape, as is the exterior. I hope this helps you. And thanks......I guess I have an "XJ" model.

FYI.. for some reason, and I blame the nostagic yuppies, but good condition, low milage XJ's are getting pricey, especially around New England. since the waggy's are getting down right expensive, lots of yuppies are buying up older XJ's in good shape at an alarming rate. I would list your jeep for no less than $6000, you'll be surpised at what you will get for it.

FYI.. for some reason, and I blame the nostagic yuppies, but good condition, low milage XJ's are getting pricey, especially around New England. since the waggy's are getting down right expensive, lots of yuppies are buying up older XJ's in good shape at an alarming rate. I would list your jeep for no less than $6000, you'll be surpised at what you will get for it.
Thanks for your comment ..... I am affraid for $6K I would have to say it's yours...:) Your information was very helpful.....Thanks again!!

I agree my 96 xj with 80,000 miles would bring me 4 to 6 Gs, easy. Just becous i live in mass and its 4 wheel drive.

Back