What kind of lube do I use?

60biscayne

My daughter just shipped her 1997 Wrangler back home from California. It was unloade from the car carrier trailer in a mall parking lot a few miles from my home. When I got in it to drive it to my place I couldn't help notice a whinning sound its making. My first impression is it must be low on lube in the trans or something which brings me to my question: It's a 4 cylinder standard shift Wrangler what does the trans take?
A gear lube SAE 90 etc. or Red Transmission Fluid? also what about the Transfer Case? Might as well check that while I'm at it.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Jim

ATF in the transfer case, a GL4 rated gear oil in the transmission. I use Redline MT90 in mine, it's a full synthetic that works well in that transmission, available at Summit Racing.

smiley_ROFLMAO-1.gif
smiley_ROFLMAO-1.gif
smiley_ROFLMAO-1.gif
smiley_ROFLMAO-1.gif

Sorry, I saw the title and just started laughing. There's something very wrong with me.

Last edited:
currupt4130 said:
smiley_ROFLMAO-1.gif
smiley_ROFLMAO-1.gif
smiley_ROFLMAO-1.gif
smiley_ROFLMAO-1.gif

Sorry, I saw the title and just started laughing. There's something very wrong with me.

That's OK I get it - NO I use to get it, at my age (67) & my wife is (70) now all we have is what you might call oral....... she says f --- you Jim & I say F--- you Honey & that's it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back