What windshield frame to get?

jfrabat

Hey, guys, I need to replace my windshield frame, but so far, the only place I have found them to be sold is Quadratec (4WD only lists the fiberglass ones on their catalogue). Anyone know of any other sources for these?

Mine has 2 big old rust spots and I want to replace it with a new one (one of those rust spots is actually now a hole in the front of the wind shield frame!)

Felipe

Corrupt, thanks. Do you think it is worth getting a used one? Sometimes the rust starts on the inside, and you cannot see it... Besides, the one on eBay says about $100 on shipping, which means about $160 for a used frame, while Quadratec has a new one for $165 (shipped).

Anyway, I'll keep looking on eBay to see if I find one I can pick up...

Felipe

Last edited:
company called jc whitney has all kinds of metal replacements. i've bought two from them . one was perfect and one was a bit screwed up, but it worked out with some tweeking... ( welder didn't line up front half to back half very good.)

willys overland in toledo ohio. you can buy anything OEM jeep 1946 on up and yes they have them in stock they are the original jeep

Jeep Rebuilders in Denver. They had to order one for our '93. $150 + shipping.

We were able to rebuild our frame, though...

I have replaced my windshield frame 3 times now (damn off camber tree in the way BS....and yes, now I take the windshield frame off for wheeling) and I have yet to pay more than $50 for a rust free frame with glass. I find them on craigslist, usually people parting out their junk.

Back