What yall think

After I brought it home for 700$ and months of work and what I've done over the past year

Attachments

• image-1017248397.jpg
    image-1017248397.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 225
  • image-4283602031.jpg
    image-4283602031.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 232
  • image-3418003845.jpg
    image-3418003845.jpg
    461.9 KB · Views: 275
  • image-2230876310.jpg
    image-2230876310.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 204

Looks pretty sweet. YJs are pretty kick-a$$ and yours in in great shape. Nice job

All that's left on my list now is paint, I'm really considering getting the colored lineX, I mean it worth 1500 with the lifetime warranty on chips, cracks an fades

Bought it with a blown transmission, the kid was gonna have it crushed so I offered 700$ I rebuilt the transmission, replaced the 4 inch lift new tires ( master-craft courser MTs) amazing tires by the way bumpers on front and rear, new fender flares, got a hardtop off of Craigslist for 150$ and put TJ upper windows on the doors

Wow, great save! Mine was headed to the crusher too, it had a rusted broken frame. It's not near as nice as yours though. Personally I think you can have more fun and less stress if they're a bit rough. That's just me though, your's has a good look about it. Just enough tire, wheel and lift to suit it.

I don't know the kid had bought it a year before for 5000 and just drove the crap out of it, but it's got 4.0 with 144,000 miles and still runs like a top, I also got a short throw shifter on the transmission, which is a world of difference, but of anybody is interested in how to make those upper windows just ask I'm also trying to find some hard doors to either trade or buy for a good deal

The guy that had mine had bought and sold Jeeps for years. At one time he had 23 in various stages, from parts Jeeps to nice ones. He had a Scrambler project that I had been trying to buy but at the time it was just too much $$ for what it was to me. He offered me a couple other CJ5's, but they were kind of pricey also. I was just about to leave when he said he had one more but it was just too far gone to do anything with. It took a couple months, alot of metal replacement and some sweat but I enjoyed it. I've put almost 20,000 miles on it since, it's my DD. It's still rough and has a long way to go yet but has been alot of fun.
I ended up trading him out of the Scrambler and anthor CJ5 also. We've become good friends, he still shakes his head when he sees me pass his house.Lol
I like to fix things that are to far gone, what have you got to loose?

No recent ones, I've got some of where I put a quarter pannel in it this summer somewhere I've been meaning to post. I've had alot of trouble posting pics. I think my Dell with it's pentium processor has a mission to keep me ****ed off. I'll try to get my wife to help me again with the pics.

Nice job and nice catch on that deal. I'm on the lookout for something similar for my son. He wants a wrangler as his first vehicle. All he's ever seen me drive is Jeeps. Can't say I blame him.

The line-x would look good if you want to go that course. I've seen a few Jeeps with that look and I like it.

Back