wheel spacers

Yes, they work very well. Use loctite on the lugs holding the spacer to the axle.

I have never really trusted wheelspacers, as you cannot check if all the bolts are tight. Of course, this is coming from the guy who lost a wheel while driving due to the bolts (with no spacer) not being tight enough, so take it at face value.

I have never really trusted wheelspacers, as you cannot check if all the bolts are tight. Of course, this is coming from the guy who lost a wheel while driving due to the bolts (with no spacer) not being tight enough, so take it at face value.

:agree: i had the same thing happen to me when i built my lowrider. i had 3,500$ in damage after hitting a curb when the lug studs broke on the spacer and the wheel came right off.

I ran them for about 3-4 years on and off road and no issues.

ran them on my jeep for 2 yrs DD and weekend toy.driven hard off road with 35"s,now on a buddys jeep with 38"boggers no issues.dont forget the loctite.

I run 1.25" Spidertrax on my Jeep. I re-torque them when I rotate the tires. It is all of about 5 minutes to maintain. The more time consuming maintenance is torquing all the bolts on my bead locks...

In my opinion, wheel spacers and beadlocks simply require you pay a little more attention to maintaining them if you are going to run on the street. If you are not the type of person who will do that, I would NOT suggest you use the spacers on the street.

side note - I do like to drive my Jeep to the local trails, wheel it, and drive it home. Here is a pic of an average wheeling day.

793929478_tYqTCM-1.jpg

I had to make the choice between wheel spacers and new wheels. I went with new wheels. Just do not trust spacers. Did not want to risk a wheel coming of on a Houston freeway.

'I agree retoque them with every rotation i have on 3' spacers and have used them for the last 2 years, daily driver and weekend warrior

So, I'm getting interested in spacers too a little bit. does anyone have before and after pictures?

Back