Where do you have your CB radio mounted

prariepunk

I'm looking for ideas on where to mount my CB in my '05 TJ... I've seen a few mounts for the TJ (upper left side of the dash left of steering wheel/on the trans hump by my right calf) but nothing that looks right.

On the dash- I'm not a big fan of having it on my left side & even putting on the right side has the cord dangling...

On the trans hump- I'll be hitting it constantly with my leg, possibly getting in muddy...

any ideas? I've seen the overhead consoles but i'm not sure I like the look.

I placed mine below the glove box tucked back in the corner by the trans hump on the passenger side. There is a metal lip under the plastic molding that gives you a great place to tap some screws into, and no one whos ridden there has had an issue with clearance..

cb-1.jpg

I have mine inside the center console.

When it's not mounted between my seats (with a lockable pull out and it's own battery) it's locked in the tool shed. (It's wired into the alarm system)

Blkrubi88 I saw that mount but wanted something mounted more centralized so a co-pilot could use it if I have my hands full crunching the rockers all to h#!l... The glove box may be the best looking ticket since I run a soft top & we all know what kind of security they offer :rolleyes:

see alot of people put them in the center console or under the seat , putting it under the dash is looking to smash your knee all the time IMO

Placed mine Right under the radio and next to the ash tray, making sure the shifter doesnt thouch.

if you got a center console i would recomend to install it there easy enough to protect if ya got the top down or off in case of rain..because you dont want to lose your investment to mother nature. my hard top never comes off.(bad back) so mine i added a 3x1/4 flat stock between my roll bars so the radio is just above the mirror so i can reach it easily and mic is attached to dash board by mic clip you could also add a gear keeper for around 20 bucks puts mic on a retractable leash so its allways out of your way

Mine's in the aftermarket center console as well, but on a slick slider bracket so I can move the radio to and from my black panel van 'The Oven'

I'll try to find some pics but I had mine mounted right on top of the dash in the coin tray. It may sound tacky but it worked perfect for my little Cobra 19 (The uniden would fit perfect also).

I removed the rubber mat and used some washers to mount the bracket then ran the wires between the dash and windshield.

If you look close in these pictures you can see it right in the middle of windshield.

Attachments

• 100_3157.jpg
    100_3157.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 668
  • 100_3593.jpg
    100_3593.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 697
  • 100_3611.jpg
    100_3611.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 648
I placed mine below the glove box tucked back in the corner by the trans hump on the passenger side. There is a metal lip under the plastic molding that gives you a great place to tap some screws into, and no one whos ridden there has had an issue with clearance..

cb-1.jpg

i put mine in the same place..

In the TJ I put it on the back of the center console facing up, made sure that the lid cleared it when open though. I also put an external speaker in front of the dome light on the roll bar so I can actually here it going down the road with the top off at 65MPH. When we wheel, one of us just lays the mike over our leg, or it ends up upside down in one of the cupholders between the front seats. I put insulated spade lugs on the wires coming out from under the console under the parking brake (they run along side of the passenger seat to the back of the console) so that I can remove it easily from the mount, stuff the coax under the rear seat and lock it in the Bestop extend a trunk in the back.

Be well,
Richard

Back