which 304 headers?

mx racer 904

I have a big hole (1-1/2") in my left header so I am just going to replace...I have fenderwell exit now and just wondering which one I want...I dont really need a ton of ground clearance since me and the boy just do light trailing...on same vein I dont really need high HP....I see stockers on EBay for cheap...any ideas

or should I just weld it up...i assume it will be soon before it is screwed up somewhere else

How did the hole get there?. If you have access to a welder, i would cut a piece of pipe to patch it over the hole and weld it shut.

On my old '77 CJ
3534008148_7cf254cf0c-2.jpg
I I had years ago, it was equipped with Hooker headers. I think my motor was running lean and hot and the right header started to develop a hole~a call to Hooker (in those days) and they shipped me a replacement header free of charge. I wish Hooker still made Jeep headers.

Last edited:

get a good set of high flow exhaust manifolds. I ran these on my 401 and they flow as good if not better than headers....and last much longer

the PO findly brought over all the crap that i was suppose to get and there was some tuned manifolds that are inside the frame so now I can run it out the back like I wanted anyhow...

Back