Who says you can't pimp a 'wheeler?

GaryMB

RE: Hate to bash, but....

Alright, I know that die-hard Jeepers tend to criticize the show-car style Jeeps, including myself. I would have to say that there is definately a limit on how street-modded a Jeep can be, but until that limit is reached, I don't see a problem with show mods. I came to this conclusion last night when I helped a buddy complete the sound system in his lifted Wrangler by installing a sub in the lock box. Let me just say that that thing is SWEET! After hearing his Jeep (from several blocks away, I might add), I decided to go with a good sound system myself (still undecided on the sub, though). I just ordered some new H4 blue headlights on ebay for $20 since I needed new headlights anyway. On that note, I figured that since I don't have any interior or dash lighting, I might as well get some blue led's to light things up. I'm not sure if the underbody glow systems are going too far...considering the price, I think I'll wait on that. Anyway, if it doesn't hurt offroad performance or practicality, what's the harm? Where do you draw the line?

i draw the line when it starts cutting into performance/drivetrain mods, which come first. my interior is constantly exposed to the elements because i no longer run a top (thank you tellico for bending in my rear side panels). personally my jeep is all go, no show, unless you like looking at mangled sheet metal, cut up rims, and dented dif covers, which i do! i think a lot is to be said for fabrication skills, a buddy of mine just got done building his cj-5 up, its now on 42" tsls and has a 4 linked rear with one ton axles. everyone that sees it compliments him on the skill and the fabwork hes put into it. not bashing good looking jeeps but mine knows it place and it knows it wont ever see a sound system, led's, or carpet again in its life.

RE: Who says you can

I'm with you Gary......I'm also with you, currupt. Do what YOU like, and to heck with everyone else and their opinions. No matter what you do to a vehicle there will always be someone there to point out your mistakes. I've been doing this crap long enough that I've learned to tune them out.

I say bring on the bright stainless steel hinges, the polished wheels, the chrome diff covers, and the big honkin hoodscoops. If thats what floats your boat, then go for it. I like a little "bling" on my ride personally.

heh, good way of putting it junkpile, although my bling is soon to be 35 spline alloy dana 60 full float shafts...

RE: installing engine-any good manuals?

Blue headlights are illegal in these parts, you may want to check into things like that before laying down the cash. Plus they're distracting as hell at night to other drivers.

35's with a 2.5L?

Blue headlights are illegal here too, but I figure if a cop wants to pull me over that badly he will always think of something (no mud flaps, tires stick out too far, modified exhaust, no front license plate, etc.). It's happened to me before for BS things like that; police just love to pull over young looking people who are behind the wheel of a vehicle that stands out.

RE: 35

i had a "system" in my Jeep, although it was an XJ so the inside never seen the elements unless i had the windows down (and aways did, even in the dead of N. Cali winters.) im a trucker in "training" so i love my chrome, anyway i can get it. There are some beauty items that are just needed (in my book atleast) and thare are some that are a huge NO NO (such as 22+ inch tires. leave them to the big rigs.) interior lights i like, especialy lit toggle switches. i feel underbody neon is going a little too far. a real Jeep isnt going to be close enough to the ground for them to look good anyway. a CB is a needed must. i will never NEVER be without one. but thats all about me. your results may very.

RE: 35

Hey, as long as it doesn't affect performance, I'm all for pimpin'.....but what ever floats your boat is up to you and only you. If you like it, that's good enough for me. Personally I don't like a lot of chrome on my vehicles, mostly because it's such a pain in the ass to keep shiny. I do, however, have a penchant for extra lighting, whether it be inside, outside, or under the hood....always have, don't know why.

RE: Pics?

I think I agree with Gary as well. And it's not he like he's completely abandoning us. I'm sure 35 spline alloy dana 60 full float shafts would still get him all excited, am I right? I don't see any problem in it until it starts hampering offroad performance. Although I think rock lights look cooler than neons.

RE: found at 3am: Couch on fire in middle of street (pic!)

SenorCole86 said:
Although I think rock lights look cooler than neons.

rock lights are pimp, seeing someone drive around in the dark with just those in looks soo cool. i about shat myself the first time i saw it, its awesome...

image-missing.png

the only"show" accessories i have on my jeep are tinted widows (i only run with a roof in the winter) a cheap sound system and a set of maltese cross tail lights, everybody who looks at my jeep makes a comment about those. the only reason i put them on was so my jeep would look different from any other jeep on the road. in my opinion if you are afraid to scratch or bang up your jeep a little bit, it's time to give it up and buy a caddilac!!!

Wow, I had never heard of rock lights before! I had been thinking how I need a way to see the trail under my Jeep better at night, and that led to underbody glow...well, I think that I'll be picking up some 50w auxiliary lights at Walmart to put under my rig. And yes, 35 spline alloy dana 60 full float shafts still get me all excited, even though my Jeep will never see anything bigger than a dana 44 :roll: Also I'm wondering if I should ge marine speakers...

Funny I love to look at hot rides with hot guys... BUT I like my dull rust colored jeep with my no frills... lol , my boyfriend was going to surprise me, the other day he was going to get me these lighted pedals ...lol... that would be as funny lookin' as putting me in a fur coat... Mind you I'd Love to have them if I had a sharp new paint job.

Sparky-Watts said:
......... I do, however, have a penchant for extra lighting, whether it be inside, outside, or under the hood....always have, don't know why.

Wouldn't have anything to do with defibrillators, would it??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mud4feet said:
Sparky-Watts said:
......... I do, however, have a penchant for extra lighting, whether it be inside, outside, or under the hood....always have, don't know why.

Wouldn't have anything to do with defibrillators, would it??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, that might explain why I don't need a power source for them, huh? :lol:

Back