will 2007-2009 Dodge Ram 20"s fit on a 09 Commander?

CRFrizzell

Curious if any of the dodge 20s from the trucks are the right pattern for the commander. I would love to see anyones photos with 18-20" after market rims... Id also like to see Commanders with side step ups... I want to get some and havent seen many photos..

Thanks!

Curious if any of the dodge 20s from the trucks are the right pattern for the commander. I would love to see anyones photos with 18-20" after market rims... Id also like to see Commanders with side step ups... I want to get some and havent seen many photos..

Thanks!

The XK Commander (and WK Grand Cherokee) as well as the JK Wrangler all have a 5 x 5.0" wheel lug bolt pattern.

The Ram has a 5 x 5.5" hole pattern (also known as 5 x 139.7mm), so it will NOT fit.

Kevin

CRAP! Jeepcommander.com said that they do fit with the adapter.... :(
Dang it dang it. hahaha Thanks for the advice!

Does using an adapter do anything to the performance of the wheel or tire? Throw off the Gages? Does anyone have a photo of someone who has done this or has anyone done this that wants to post a picture for me? So far this is the least expensive route to putting a chunky looking set of 20's on my vehicle.

Thanks!

Does using an adapter do anything to the performance of the wheel or tire? Throw off the Gages? Does anyone have a photo of someone who has done this or has anyone done this that wants to post a picture for me? So far this is the least expensive route to putting a chunky looking set of 20's on my vehicle.

Thanks!
As far as the performance is concerned, you will notice a fuel mileage economy difference. The larger wheels will throw off the calibration on your speedometer thus affecting the ABS performance and if equipped with ESP it may also have a premature engagement during slow turns. The shift points on the transmission will also change due to the false reading from the speed sensor versus actual speed.

Crappppp is that just due to the adapters or the 20s. If I find 20s that dont need the adapter I should be fine?

Crappppp is that just due to the adapters or the 20s. If I find 20s that dont need the adapter I should be fine?

The circumference of the tires is whats going to affect the performance. The wheel spacers/ adapters, will affect the load on the wheel bearings longevity.

Hmm... So since the Jeep can come with a 17 or 18" rim per the manufacturer... Would it best if I stay with going to an 18 or 19" since I have the puney 17's? I just hate how narrow my tires are... Its like I have this limited every option vehicle and then these CRAPPY @$$ wheels hahaahaha.. Any sugestions? Im a Realtor so I need to keep it classy and it cant be a rough ride. That is why the 20s were the way I wanted to go.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Chrysler EASy ? Accessories - Wheel, 17, 18 and 19 Inch

I would probbably go with the 19" wheels. The fact that it's offered by the manufacturer, it gives you a better chance of getting the speedometer re-calibrated for that size from a dealer without going thru an aftermarket modules to correct that issue. However, you mentioned about the rough ride. Keep in mind that the bigger the wheels, the lower aspect ratio (Low profile)tires will have to compensate for rubbing issues under the wheel well. With this in mind, road input can transfer to the cab a lot louder and rougher as opposed to the taller tires.

Back