Winches

what is it going on and what to you expect to do with it?

A Wrangler. I'll need it after my brother talks me into going into something and I get stuck and I have to pull myself out.:lol:

Last edited:

Got a price range? Warn and Ramsey make good Winches, both made in the USA. I'd recommend you look into one with at least an 8K pound capacity. Pretty much any Warn winch is a good choice. Ramsey makes a cheaper line which are pretty reliable but really slow and not made for heavy use. Their Patriot series (I have a Patriot 8000) is pretty comperable to Warn.

I have a warn 9.5 Ti on my wrangler. I love it, I'm glad I bought it, I think it is perfect for a wrangler. It has enough pull for a real good mud stuck and it is big enough to pull most everybody else out.

Mile-Marker is on helluva winch.
The military went with them on alot of applications.:p

I dunno... I believe the military uses MileMarker's hydraulic winches, which would be useless to a Jeeper without a PTO. They are built here, unlike their electric winches (China).

I dunno... I believe the military uses MileMarker's hydraulic winches, which would be useless to a Jeeper without a PTO. They are built here, unlike their electric winches (China).

MM Hydro winches run off your power steering, not a PTO.

Get a Warn, one with integrated solenoids. I have an XD9000i and it's been through some rough times with me, I won't buy anything else but Warn.

Yeah, your are right, but I'd be shocked to hear that's how the military has theirs set up.

It wouldn't surprise me if they're running them off a separate hydraulic pump and reservoir. How would you run a hydro winch off a PTO? A PTO winch, now that I can see, but I'm confused.

For a hydraulic to work off PTO, the PTO would have to drive a pump. It's generally how the tow trucks do it, very efficient.

personaly i would go with the warn brand of winches. thats why i like ware i live, 5 min drive right to there HQ

I almost went with a MM Hydraulic, but if the engine dies and can't be restarted then you would be SOL.

Get a Warn.......buck up...........I've got one of the Chinese knock-offs and it's extremely slow and..................gotta drop my bumber to do some maintenance/repair.

wishing I'd have bucked-up for a Warn,
mud

Back