wind jammer

Noli

Does anyone here use the bikini top & wind jammer combo that would be willing to share how that has worked out for them? I think I like the idea, but was not sure if it was really as easy as I'm picturing things.
I have this little hook about halfway between the visors on my wrangler, and was hoping that it was as simple as hooking something there, rather than putting up the entire soft top.

I had that combo and the only time I used the windjammer is when it rained, and then I got soaked anyhow. I would definately get a bikini top, but I won't be buying another windjammer.

I use it with the doors on for some decent weather protection. Still sucks in the rain cuz it all comes forward to the windshield from the back of the bikini top.

A good combo would be the safari top (bikini all the way to the tailgate) and the windjammer and doors. This would be pretty tight.

There are some new soft halfcab tops on the market that seal tight around the front section of the rollcage, and to the doors, may be worth looking at if you want weather protection.

bryanjeep said:
I use the Outland fully sealed top that bounty mentioned, and i love it. Check out my site for the pics.

I had one of those and it was great. Price was right, too.

to answer one of your questions...the loop between your visors is for bikini tops(they also have bikini tops that slope back and attach to loops near tailgate)
bikini goes over rollbar and strap feeds to the loops at your visor and ties down there.the loop also makes an excellent sunglasses holder heheh. i have a windjammer that came with the CJ but ive never used it. i rarely use bikini either,i just tend to take windows and doors out with regular full soft top which basically makes it a safari top.

Sacredgroove said:
to answer one of your questions...the loop between your visors is for bikini tops(they also have bikini tops that slope back and attach to loops near tailgate)

the loop works for the bikini top but actually is there to secure the windshield when folded forward (a blast off road!)

i got a windjammer with the jeep i just bought - never had one for my old wrangler - works okay for cutting the wind but the one i had was made by a company that apparently has never HEARD of Velcro - too many slip straps - it works good w/a bikini and doors to cut wind a bit but not much so for other weather protection...

if you find one and the price is right - go for it - nice to have when you want it but you wont suffer much without it...

Back