wiring alterations

kkjohn6922

need help with wiring, installing a 95 fuel injected 4.0 in a 1988 YJ. there was a fire in the engine compartment on the YJ so the under hood wiring is in bad shape. I have a 95 Grand Cherokee complete, with the 4.0 engine and a good wiring harness. just need to know how to splice the 95 harnees into the YJ firewall forward. any help would be welcome. Cherokee has a bad transmission, good transfer case and diff. if anyone needs them also a new head liner. thanks.:???:

I think you're looking at a custom job....... An 88 YJ would not have any of the same emissions componets nor would it have been setup for fuel injection. So the all of the XJ's eletronic control componets will need to be retro fitted. I would start by figuring out want, if any emission equipment my State is going to require? Then plan on moving everything that is under the dash to the YJ.

But I could be wrong? Never install a 4.0L injected engine......

Ok I have a 1988 Jeep Wrangler YJ with a straight six that has been converted to fuel injection. I purchased this jeep knowing that it needed a little work done to it. One of the problems is that who ever done work in the past had just seemed to replace old wiring with new and with that just left the old wires there. I have went through and attempted to remove most of the old wires that were not hooked to anything. I got started doing that when I went out one morning and the jeep would not start. However it still does not start. I have traced it to what seems to be an electrical problem, I removed a plug, held it to the engine block and cranked the engine, NO Spark... Can anyone give me an idea as to what I might want to search for or look for so I can get spark?

When you say fuel injection, do you mean something a Howell TBI conversation kit or something like a modern fuel rail type swap out? There would a world of electrical differences.

Back