Wiring harness

1980CJ-7

I'm looking to clean up and fix the wiring on my 1980 CJ 7 I was wanting to know how well the wiring harnesses out there match up and wire up to the existing and factory wirings and plugs.

Red Mutt Ranch said:
What? More details needed.

Im looking for a wiring harness for my jeep and I'm not sure where to start or what to get...I Know that the speedo and others are plugs behind them and wandering if a new wiring harness comes with all that or do I need to splice and so on and so forth

If you need to replace all the wiring... Painless wiring kits are very complete & come with good instructions...they use the factory color codes & connectors. The only drawback is they are rather pricey,but the time saved makes it bearable.

TLCJ5 said:
If you need to replace all the wiring... Painless wiring kits are very complete & come with good instructions...they use the factory color codes & connectors. The only drawback is they are rather pricey,but the time saved makes it bearable.

Thank you, that's what I was looking at but I need to hear good things before I spend the money.

Back