Won't run

dgriff1

have 89 wrangler 2.5 with tbi thought ihad fuel pump problems would run fine for a while then wouldn't start, then would start. Took it to be smoged ofcourse it ran great passed no prob. now nothing no spark I only have hayes repair book but they don't have much eletrical info,replaced ing coil because of the no spark issue. I'am old school check points ect. but this is A computer car seamsto have a relay on bottom of fuse box that says ing. don't know what tells coil to fire any help would be apprecated thanks Dave

CPS.."crank position sensor" on the bellhousing and controls spark/timing.

Thanks yj Dave,seems to run ok now tapped on old cps before I removed it and it started. Replaced with new one seems to run ok now,hope it stays this way the problem was intermitten some times it would start other times it wouldn't Thanks again

I really don't know I just replaced my cps and hoped it would work seems to have. If the thing quits again don't know whats next. I started with the coil that wasn't it but have new coil now! Just hope I don't have to replace the computer , will post how she does Dave

Back