wrangler unlimited sightings?

indiemo

wheel ordering angst...

has anyone seen one of those unlimiteds on the road yet? I have yet to see one up close and personal. i'm really wondering what it'll look like with a 4 inch lift and running 33s. seems like it'd have potential to be a pretty tough looking ride (despite the fact you can only get them in auto :wink: )

i have!!!!! i personaly think they look kinda ugly but yea theres a dealer that has one ! around harrisburg

i'm not too much of a fan of the way they look stock... but i'm sure when lifted and such... they have to be a great looking machine

I've seen one driving around my neighborhood. But the folks around here just use them as grocery getters!

We got one just down the street. Look kinda funny but I said about the same thing when the YJ hit the road. Now I love em! tug

HA HA You So Funny! All this gray hair and a little lost of eye sight is a small price to pay for such wisdom! heheheh tug

I drive by one at the local stealership on a daily basis. Looks like a mistake. Maybe a lift and tires would change that!

New Daily Driver

They do look a lot better lifted with bigger tires. But I still dont think I will be trading either one of my ZJ's for one.

after seeing that, I think I would definitely go for the unlimited if I were in the market for a new one. now if they can only throw a 5 speed in there.

We have an Unlimited in the family. So we needed a pickup at work to do the small deliveries, a "gopher mobile" The gas hog stake bed 3500 gets about 7MPG if you baby it.
We were looking at Titans and Toyotas and that kind of truck, guess what followed me home? Hardtop ,kaki,Unlimited! its kind of cool actually grows on you.
It makes a great little pickup and in 4 years when its paid for and off the books it will become a highly modified trail rig.
Problem is it just looks wrong without doing something to it. Must resist!

Do I have to post in the long wheelbase section? Please say no! Still feels like a wrangler to me!

I crawled over one at the Jeep pavilion in Moab over Easter weekend...after watching a open xj do wipe out hill both ways down then up I am started to get the longer wheel base bug...wonder what a unlimited would look like sitting on 35's with a long arm kit...maybe in a wild color.. like burn amber?
humm only 14 more payments and hollows eve will be paid off...hummmm

Re: re

It's funny, the bug is relative to what you don't have. I love my XJ and it will always be #1 for me. But I've been getting the SWB bug myself. Just a little. :wink:

I think they are awesome 6 inch lift and 35s and every one would be jealous. you have to look at its potential. personally I dont really like stock wranglers anymore. They look so pathetic. I guess that because I have grown acoustomed to 7 inches and 35s

jeepdude832 said:
personally I dont really like stock wranglers anymore. They look so pathetic.

I dunno, after being out of my YJ for a while the stock ones are starting to look real good!!!

I'm sure once in one, that will change back to lift-itis.

Back