x-mas!!

jcook

chrismas is coming up. my girlfriend asked me what i wanted. can you guys help me decide. i may spend around $200 on her. So, my ? is, what is the best upgrade/upgrades for that price? i have a 1993 wrangler with 4.0. I like to go offroad as much as possible. i want something i can use all the time or at least make the jeep look really cool. i already have rims, tires, and lift. I have a soft top. I don't get stuck much. i don't want really anything to do with tops or bumpers. i don't know help me!!

Swaybar disconnects! Your performance offroad will definately be improved in traction and articulation for such a simple mod. Even the best ones (JKS and Teraflex) are under $200.

I soon will be removing the sway bar. I may not have mentioned this but, i want something that people can see(interior/exterior) that has a purpose. i know the discos can be seen and have a purpose but don't add that much of a COOL look that i'm going for.

NO X-mas talk until after thanksgiving. Santa is already coming to a thankgiving dinner at the local mall. Pretty soon santa will be trick or treating with us too.

jcook said:
I soon will be removing the sway bar. I may not have mentioned this but, i want something that people can see(interior/exterior) that has a purpose. i know the discos can be seen and have a purpose but don't add that much of a COOL look that i'm going for.

Well I would not remove the swaybar for normal driving. The need for a sudden jerk of the wheel to avoid an accident could leave you regretting that decision.

The discos would be "cool" when you don't get stuck because you had them.

Maybe instead you could get a "It's a Jeep thing" sticker or better yet some bullethole stickers. :roll:

Sorry for the sarcasm, but to me a "cool" Jeep is one that can kick my Jeep's tail offroad. Geez, I hope this thread doesn't turn into one like the "hardcore" thread a while back :lol: .

Maybe rhino line or line X the tub? I guess that fails the "Cool" test too :(

OK, one last try... how 'bout some off road lighting? If you use them or not, they definately look cool.

I agree. i hope the thread doesnt' go there. i have lighting. more couldn't hurt. i have seen some diamond cut light kits on ebay. anyone try those yet?

I am a pretty cautious driver with common sense. if i need to swirve i will not make it too sudden. That's what insurance is for. kidding... who know i may not take them off. i am not a serious offroader that need all that much flex anyways. I HAVE AN IDEA! I can get some tow hooks installed. that would help with the getting stuck.

as for the rhino liner, i have seriously been debating it. there isn't a shop close that i know of. There is a powder coating place nearby. maybe i could take a few things there to get pwdrctd.

anyone know of real cheap diamond plate interior stuff. i have seen some kits that look pretty cool but $$$$$. anyone know of any cheaper$ ones.

TwistedCopper said:
You can do the rhino liner yourself if you want to.

that would not be a x-mas present then. now, if she would do it for me... oh nevermind

i am part owner in a line-x shop. we wont touch a jeep for less than $400 and thats if you bring it to us stripped.

Here's a thought. You pay her bills. And she pays your's.
This way as everyone else is going in debt, your comming out it it.

Noticed you said "don't get stuck much..." BUT when you do....I carry a "bag-o-goodies":

gloves, 2 snatch blocks, extra 50' of cable, 4 D-rings,6' chain& 4' chain, tow strap and a come-a-long to help out the winch!
Fits neatly behind the RR seat and would prob cost less than $200

Whats so different about an soa

Satelite radio and first year subscription. Oh and Sirius please.(I own stock)

White said:
Here's a thought. You pay her bills. And she pays your's.
This way as everyone else is going in debt, your comming out it it.

:lol:

image-missing.png

Reloc bracket & Light mount combo. Cool factor = 10 Functionality =10 With $$$ to spare.

well......just a thought....she could enroll you in a local college welding course. It's always good to have a welder in the family.

mudwoman said:
well......just a thought....she could enroll you in a local college welding course. It's always good to have a welder in the family.

That idea = Cool X 10

TwistedCopper said:
mudwoman said:

That idea = Cool X 10

That is a good idea. I am going to look into that one for myself. 8)

jcook said:
So, my ? is, what is the best upgrade/upgrades for that price?
i want something i can use all the time or at least make the jeep look really cool
i don't know help me!!

One of those nice Victoria Secret's thongs/bra outfit!
Have your girlfriend wear that every time your out wheelin or driving around!

You can use it all the time!
and if you ever get stuck off road, then I am sure any red blooded american Male between the ages of Birth- death would be happy to help!

IMHO best upgrade to just about any vehicle!

I always have the same answer when my baby ask what I want for Christmas. "All I want is You for Christmas put a Ribbon arond yourself and meet me under the tree" hehehe What more could you want! tug

Back