XJ Recall

dropseys

So I got a letter today from D.C. notifying me of a recall for 1996 XJ's and 1997 - 1998 Xj's, Grand Cherokees, and Wranglers with 4.0. It says its for Emissions recall E22- Reprogram The Powertrain Control Module and Inspection of Catalytic Converter. Apparently there is an emiisions problem with the vehicle as well as teh Dodge Dakota w/ 2.5 litre. Anyone else get this? Or is this old news that finally made its way to me.

Last edited:
Interesting. My YJ has an unresolved recall concerning the parking brake assembly and pedal. Says some of them have a tendency to release by themselves. Good thing Kansas is flat!! It wouldn't roll more than a few feet!!!:lol: :lol:

I have that same recall Sparky on my 94 YJ, and my parking brake did spontaneously release, as I was hanging over the edge of our mountain on a sheet of ice. I had just gotten out and was standing there trying to figure out what to do next when the brake released and the car went flying forward. The only thing that kept it from going over the side was the leaf spring that caught on a fallen tree. I went down the mountain underneath it, took a picture and sent it to my administrator telling him I might be a little late. All that and I still haven't gotten it fixed!

Yeah my parking brake shoots back out on me everynow and then on my 93yj. Left a nasty cut one time. Just too lazy to have them replace it for me.

I can't get the website to work, it keeps telling me it's an invalid VIN. I have tried putting it in several different ways.

I can't get the website to work, it keeps telling me it's an invalid VIN. I have tried putting it in several different ways.

you only need to put in the last eight digits. the sequence you are putting in should start with two letters and end with six numbers.

for example if your VIN was 1JFY29P6VP541513 you would just enter VP541513 if you continue to have trouble you can call your local dealership and they will look it up for you.

i have an SES light on for my evap system of some sorts but everyone seems to think its the gas cap i've just never got around to checking it out doesnt seem to affect driveability .... website worked fine for me No Incomplete Recalls or Customer Satisfaction Notifications Exist

Back